12.00 - 13.50
IMMERSIVE WORKSHOPS & LUNCH
13.50 - 14.00
OPENING AND WELCOME
Pierre Wiertz, General Manager
14.00 - 14.15
KEYNOTE: EU POLICY FOR FAIR AND CLEAR INFORMATION TO CONSUMERS – THE ROLE OF ASSOCIATIONS AND INDUSTRIES
- Revision of the General Product Safety Regulation, role of EDANA’s Stewardship Programme to ensure safety reassurance of essential consumer products
- Role of associations in developing voluntary codes of practices and legal bases thereof in the GPSR
- The role of trustworthy information to empower consumers for the green transition
- The role of associations and industries in encouraging fair and clear communication towards consumers
- Didier Reynders
European Commissioner for justice in charge of rule of law and consumer protection
14.15 – 15.00
KEYNOTE: NONWOVENS INDUSTRY’S COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
- The plastic challenges
- The basic needs for nonwovens
- Sustainable solutions
- Making plastic sustainable
- Mikael Staal Axelsen
Group CEO at Fibertex Personal Care (Denmark) and Chair at EDANA
15.00 – 15.50
PANEL DISCUSSION – SUSTAINABILITY & CIRCULARITY
- Main achievements of the nonwovens industry
- What has worked, what has failed?
- How can the nonwovens industry support the Green Deal?
External Relations & Sustainability Director, EDANA
- Mikael Staal Axelsen
Group CEO Fibertex Personal Care
- Adrian Wilson
Consulting Editor Sustainable Nonwovens
- Pieter Meijer
European General Manager Bast Fibre Tech
- Werner Bosmans
Policy Officer – Circular Economy, Directorate-General Environment, European Commission
15.50 - 16.20
16.20 - 17.10
PANEL DISCUSSION – GROWTH & INNOVATION
- Pierre Wiertz
General Manager, EDANA
- Main drivers of innovation & growth in 50 years of nonwovens
- What’s real innovation in nonwovens?
- Which are the hurdles our industry would like the EU/European Commission help remove to further growth and use of nonwovens?
- Silke Brand-Kirsch
VP, Marketing & Business Development Glatfelter
- Marina Crnoja-Cosic
Director New Business Development Kelheim Fibres
- Tommi Bjornman
CEO Avgol – Indorama Ventures
- James Stevens
Managing Partner, Rud Pedersen Public Affairs
17.10 - 17.25
KEYNOTE – INDUSTRIAL POLICIES & INNOVATION
EUROPEAN COMMISSION INITIATIVES FOR THE TEXTILE ECOSYSTEM
- Challenges and opportunities for the transformation of the textiles ecosystem for a sustainable competitiveness.
- The European Green Deal: the vision for a climate neutral continent in 2050.
- A Transition Pathway for the EU Textiles Ecosystem to become greener, more digital and more resilient.
- Latest developments in energy markets and how the Commission is responding to soaring energy prices.
- Kerstin Jorna
Director General of the Directorate General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs.
17.25 - 17.40
Panel Wrap up
17.40 – 17.45
17.45 – 18.15